For Advertisement Please Contact:- 0249271577

FRESH UPDATES

‘It broke me’ – Lil Wayne reacts to Super Bowl Halftime snub

 Published By Traze Closet









American Hip hop singer Lil Wayne has reacted to the Super Bowl halftime snub.





The rapper said he was broken by the fact that he was not chosen to headline the Super Bowl LIX halftime.


His reaction comes days after several music artistes rallied behind the New Orleans native and condemned the decision to make Kendrick Lamar the headliner.


In an Instagram video posted on Friday, Lil Wayne responded to his halftime snub after it was announced on Sunday that Kendrick Lamar would be the Super Bowl LIX—which will be held in New Orleans in February—halftime performer.



“It broke me and I’m just trying to put me back together,” Lil Wayne said.



“But my God, have you all helped me. Thanks to all my peers, my friends, my family, my homies on the sports television and everybody repping me… I feel like I let all of y’all down by not getting that opportunity, but I’m working on me and I’m working. So thank you.”



The New Orleans native said he blames himself for “automatically mentally putting myself in that position” as the headliner, even though he thought “that was nothing better than that spot, and that stage and that platform in my city, so it hurt.”





After Lamar was announced as headliners, many of Wayne’s longtime allies and collaborators spoke out against the choice, including Birdman and Nicki Minaj. “Denying a young black man what he rightfully put into this game for no other reason but your ego,” Minaj wrote on X. “Your hatred for BIRDMAN, Drake & Nicki got you punishing Lil Wayne?!?!!! LIL WAYNE!!!!!!!!!! THE GOAT?!!!!!!!!!!!”



During a podcast in February this year, Lil Wayne expressed interest in headlining the 2025 Super Bowl halftime show, saying he hadn’t received a call yet, “but we all praying, we keeping our fingers crossed.”








































Source-3news


Comments