For Advertisement Please Contact:- 0249271577

FRESH UPDATES

Fancy Gadam details reason for skipping Sista Afia’s Tamale concert

 Published By Traze Closet













Award-winning Ghanaian musician, Mujahid Ahmed Bello, professionally known as Fancy Gadam has finally made known his reason for not showing up at Sista Afia’s concert at the Tamale Sports Stadium last year.




It will be recalled that Sista Afia organized a show last year in Tamale. The show, which was held on May 14, 2022 had a low turnout after Fancy Gadam withdrew from the line-up of artistes who were billed to perform at the event.


Following the unfortunate incident, the ‘Asuoden’ hitmaker expressed disappointment and hurt in Fancy Gadam for not showing up at the event saying, ”the attendance was poor and I felt I was sabotaged. He was very close to me, I know him personally so I was obviously affected by what he did. The amount he charged me, his fellow artiste, is outrageous, but my team was ready to pay immediately, but he just decided not to come.”


However, In an interview with Majority Radio in Tamale, Fancy Gadam revealed that the agreement with Sista Afia was reached only one week before the scheduled event.




“Sista Afia didn’t approach us. Someone called and said he wanted to do a show with me and her. We charged GH¢100,000. Then she called herself, wanting me to help her, so I took GH¢50,000 per artiste-to-artiste agreement, meaning half of the initial fee” he explained.



The ‘Total cheat’ crooner went on to assert that apart from the payment, he also had issues about the timing of the event. According to him, they needed sufficient promotion and so therefore he suggested they postpone the show to ensure its success, since Ramadan was also inching closer. However, because Sista Afia’s management had done all the arrangements, the concert proceeded on the agreed date.


“We needed time to promote the show. Timing was the main issue and it was Ramada. We are all Muslims and fasting so they will not want to attend. I didn’t want to dent my reputation. The timing was the main thing,” Fancy Gadam clarified.


























Source-Ameyawdebrah

Comments